My Favourite Pasta Recipes
I want all my simple pasta recipes within reach. This is a great way of using left over chicken. I always have left over chicken but once in a while I also have that occasional left over sour cream after baking desserts or making a sour cream based topping for cup cakes. I decided to combine the two with a little Parmesan and the result was an easy and delicious sauce.
Pasta with Chicken Peas and Sour Cream
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cooking time: 20 minutes; Serves: 4-6
- 400g short pasta (I used Penne)
- 1 cup sour cream or Crème fraîche
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1-2 cups shredded, cooked, grilled or rotisserie chicken
- I cup (125g) frozen peas, heated it in the microwave until piping hot.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in plenty of salted water as per packet instructions until al dente. Drain thoroughly. Reserve half a cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, warm the sour cream, milk and Parmesan in a pan over low heat until piping hot. Add chicken and peas and continue heating over low heat. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss in pasta. If too thick, add a splash or two of cooking water. Serve.