These muffins are so easy to make. I used Dutch process cocoa powder but you can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder. I wish you a very pleasant week!
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Baking time: 20-25 minutes; Makes: 12
- 250g (2 cups, 9oz) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa (I used Dutch process cocoa)
- 130g (½ cup + 2 tablespoons) fine grained sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 80ml (1/3 cup, 6 tablespoons oil)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin cases. Preheat the oven 425ºF (220ºC) ten minutes before using.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and sugar into a bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour. (make sure you sift the flour)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and buttermilk. Pour the egg mixture into the well and stir gently until to combine.
- Spoon the mixture, evenly, into the prepared muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside 5 minutes then transfer on to the cooling rack.
- For cup measures: spoon the flour into the cup, heaping it up over the top, then slide a knife across the top to level off the extra. Be careful not to shake or tap the cup to settle down the flour or you will have more than you need. I use a 240ml American cup.
Points to Note:
- Please note that oven temperatures are given as a guideline only. You may need to add or reduce the suggested temperature depending on your oven. I baked the muffins at 425°F (220°C) for 20 minutes.