You can also use store-bought shell for this recipe is making one is a problem for you. The combination between chocolate and raspberries was amazing. I wish you a wonderful week!
Michel Roux's Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
- 260g pâte sucrée
- 300g (10oz) raspberries washed and dried
- A few mint leaves finely chopped (optional)
- 240ml (1 cup) 35% cream (whipping cream)
- 200g (7oz) good quality semisweet chocolate (60-70% cocoa)
- 25g (1oz, 1 tbsp) liquid glucose or light corn syrup or golden syrup
- 50g (4 tbsp, 2oz, ½ stick) butter diced into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC) ten minutes before using.You will need an 8-inch (20cm) x 1-inch (2.5cm) loose bottom tart ring or pan lightly greased. Do not grease a non-stick one.
- Roll out the dough to 11-inch circle (2mm/1/16-inch thick) and use to line the tart pan. Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Prick the base of the pastry shell. Line the tart with parchment, add some beans or baking beans and blind bake at 375ºF (190ºC) for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350ºF (180ºC), then remove the beans and parchment and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven let rest 15 minutes before transferring on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the raspberries with the chopped mint and spread over the bottom of the cooled tart shell.
- To make chocolate ganache: bring he cream to a boil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate and glucose and whisk until smooth. Continue whisking and adding he butter one piece at a time until fully incorporated.
- Pour the ganache over the raspberries. Set aside to cool then chill for at least 2 hours before serving
- Use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped to cut each slice of the tart. Serve.
Point to Note
- I blind baked at the tart shell at 375ºF (190ºC) for 20 minutes then at 350ºF (180ºC) for 8 minutes.
Step By Step Photos
Blind bake the tart shell and let cool completely. Spread the raspberries over the bottom of the tart shell.
Make the ganache. Pour over the raspberries. Set aside to cool then chill for at least 2 hours or until set, before serving