My Favourite Ingredients
- A popular traditional yoghurt based drink from India available in two versions, salted (savoury) and sweet. It’s popular as a street food but can also be homemade or store-bought.
- It’s made from good quality creamy and sour yoghurt.The yoghurt is diluted with water and flavoured with sweet or savoury ingredients.
- Sweet Lassi, also known as metha lassi is sweetened with sugar or fruits and can sometimes also be flavoured with rosewater or lemon or lime.
- Salted lassi often contains spices such as roasted cumin seeds or black pepper. The spices may be in form of a paste of ground green chilli, ginger, coriander leaves and garlic.
- Mango lassi: made from yoghurt, water and mango pulp with or without added sugar.
- The lassi is whisked until frothy and served cold or with ice cubes
How to Make Lassi
- Indian Sweet Lassi Recipe (Sweet Indian Yogurt Drink)
- Punjabi Sweet Lassi | Sweet Yogurt Drink | Refreshing Summer Cooler Recipe
- Mango Lassi Recipe – Mango Yogurt Smoothie